Thursday, 25 April 2013

25 April - Where were you when the dead come walking


Well I'm a little hung over today. I was heading to Quatre Bornes yesterday, which is a nearby town, to see if I could find a something to use as a yoga mat. I had got up in the morning and done some yoga on the tiles in the living room here and realised why people do use mats. I figured I could just tough it out but there are some stuff that is just to painful to do without a bit of padding. So, I was heading to Quatre Bornes and ran into a couple of locals that I have been running into from time to time on the street around where I live. I sat and chatted with them for a bit and ended up drinking rum with them instead of heading into town. As well as all the rum though we had some amazing fresh fish and octopus. I did wake up with a shocker of a headache though, praying to some sort of god that it would go away, but knowing that it wouldn't. Somehow it was gone when I woke in the morning though.. I'm not to sure what to make of that, but I'm pretty thankful. I could be converted. It'd make an interesting conversion story.

“So, how did you find god?”
“Well actually....”

Speaking of god, the wind is forecast to be back tomorrow. Yeehaa! Actually it looks like it was in today, but I'm trying not to think about that to much right now. I'm keen to head out there, get dumped a couple of times and hit those waves properly.



Oh, and I found what looks like a funky cafe that has free wifi here in town. Pretty stoked about that wifi. Going to check it out tonight



OK, a last note. I'm not really sure what I want to say here but I don't want to spend my time hungover. Here or anywhere. Yoga though, man I felt so good after doing a bit of it yesterday morning. That's how I want to spend my time, feeling alive. I was listening to Seth Century's song yesterday morning, Where Were You (When The Dead ComeWalking). It seemed poignant.






No comments:

Post a Comment