Started
to feel like I was finding my feet here yesterday and had my first
taste of kiting here today. I got up early and caught a bus to
Founky's place, the board repair guy. The bus ride cost me 28 rupee each way and we negotiated the board to 5500r. I think I can get
better at this negotiation thing. Even so, that's an alight price.
The board was light, floaty and manoeuvrable. Easy to use really, can
turn sharp and is really easy to change feet with. I took it out on
the flat water, on the inside of the reef first to get a feel for it.
Then went out to one eye to check it out. I was pretty nervous about
it at first, but as always getting up closer and having a look at it
made it seem less daunting, but it was a small swell apparently. I'm
going to pick up a leg rope this arvo so I can go out tomorrow
morning and give it a real go. See how it goes hey.
On
the down side, things are not quite as cheep here as I had hoped, and
it would be really great if this place had internet. As it stands I
need to go into a restaurant in La Gaulette after 5 and use their
wifi I believe. The way I'm burning through phone credit using the
internet is not practicable.
Fingers
crossed for an awesome session tomorrow. Oh and I found the reef
today! Grrrgh grrgh, a couple of marked up fins. Nothing serious
though. The tide comes in by 2pm. Half moon is ok, but you need to
watch it on full and no moons I guess? There's a rock in front of the
hotel by the kitng beach, if that's covered then it's ok to go out,
according to a local windsurfer, so we probably have a bit more
leeway on a surfboard.

No comments:
Post a Comment