Well
back on the ball today. I resolved the stuff that I needed to last
night and went to bed feeling good. I woke up great and had a really
good day. Explored the land around that mountain I have been looking
at a bit. It turns out, according to a French guy I got a ride from
that has been coming here regularly for windsurfing over the past
twenty years or so, that the mountain is on private property. Or to
be more precise, it was on private property, but is now connected to
the UN somehow. I'd love to look it up on Wikipedia but I don't have the internet, and I don't know the name of the
mountain. But I could easily find that out if I had the net. So
anyway, it's not so easy to climb the mountain. They run tours up
there, but they cost a lot and if you try to climb up by yourself
they'll try to charge you. So you need to do it quietly. There is one
path up there apparently. I'll have to find out where that is and
explore it a bit. Quietly. Sometime.
Man,
the lagoon where they run the kiting lessons from is pretty amazing.
The view is incredible, of the mountains trailing off into the ocean,
and the valley where it hints at the river mouth tucked just out of
view behind the greenery. Stunning. It would have been a great place
to learn too. The water is waist deep I don't know how far out but it
must be a couple of hundred meters at least. Steady winds, warm
water, protected by the reef from the swell. It'd be a great place to
learn all right.
The beginners lagoon on a quite day.
It's
funny how the two kiting beaches are split so definitely into two
groups. There's the beginners beach. And the good guy's beach. Not my
words (may not be anyone’s words precisely, but it's pretty close).
The landscape does dictate that a bit though. There's not way you
would want to be learning in an offshore wind. You could end up in a
lot of trouble. And I get why the guy's wanting waves kite at the
“good guy's beach” as that's where the waves are. I think it does
actually have a name other then “the good guy's beach” by the
way, I just don't remember what it is. French names, or which I don't
understand the meaning behind the unfamiliar words, are even less
likely to stick for me than English names. I guess the flat water
trick guy's kite there because they want to be part of the scene.
Actually it could be so the beginners don't get in their way, and
they don't freak them out too much, now that I come to think of it.
The lagoon again.
Picked
my board up today too. Good as new! And booked tickets to Ireland!
Glad the limited internet here got me out of having to search for
them. But sorry Mum that you had to do all the online running around.
I'll definitely remember how much a pain in the ass that can be, and
endeavour to have things booked where I can while I'm at somewhere
with reliable, free internet.
Night.




No comments:
Post a Comment